Resources for Parents During COVID-19 School Closure
As parents, students, and families adjust to new conditions and learning environments because of COVID-19, we want everyone to stay well physically, emotionally, and intellectually.
Our professionals have curated resources to help families: tools to help structure your days at home, fun activities to do online, ideas for staying physically active, positive mental health strategies and hotline phone numbers, emergency & financial support contacts, and supports for First Nations, Metis, and Inuit families.
Explore Resources for Parents During COVID-19 School Closure and share it with your family and neighbours. We're all in this together. And LRSD is here for you.
The Matthew Halton Booster Club is the central fund-raising parent volunteer organization of the school community. This group raises funds in support of extra-curricular activities and school programs through various fundraisers.
- To support extra-curricular activities for MHHS students including sports, the arts, leadership, citizenship, and other student clubs and activities.
- To enhance educational opportunities and support educational experiences for MHHS students.
- To recognize student achievement and celebrate success.
What we do:
- We are currently raising funds to purchase a video editing suite for the Learning Commons
- Support student awards (both academic and athletic).
- Support student and parent led fundraising activities.
- Purchase and maintain a variety of sports and band equipment.
- Raise funds to support MHBC programs (includes a Casino once every 3 years).
- Maintain the MHBC as a non profit society in order to provide a legal entity for financial management, fundraising, grantwriting etc.
Alberta is committed to creating an inclusive education system that inspires and enables all students to achieve success and fulfilment as engaged thinkers and ethical citizens, with an entrepreneurial spirit.
We recognize that parents play an important role in shaping the way their children view learning. As a parent, you understand more than anyone else how your child learns and processes information. This resource will provide you with a better understanding of Alberta’s curriculum and how you can help your child. Here, you’ll discover what your child is learning, how they’re assessed and what resources are available to help them be successful from Kindergarten to Grade 12.
This resource also contains information on the variety of educational choices you have for your child.
The school council plays a vital community role to be involved in the school and provide input to its administration. MHHS School Council appreciates any involvement that you and your family can provide.
For those of you on Facebook please join the group page --Matthew Halton School Council & Booster Club.
Suggested Student Supply List
-Pens (Blue, 1 Red & 1 Black)
-Pencils - Wood or Mechanical (preferred for some courses)
*Please do not purchase Plastic Pencils as they gum up our sharpeners.
-Pencil Crayons (Sharpened)
-Felt Pens (1 Package-Thin)
-Fine Point Black Pen (For Maps)
-TI- TI-30XIIS or TI-30XS Calculator (For Junior High classes)
-TI-84 Plus Calculator (For Senior High classes)
2 -2” Binders
4 -Scribblers (To put in binders -80 page hilroy recommended – NOT COIL)
3 Pkgs -Lined Loose Leaf Paper
2 Pkg -Dividers
Physical Education - Please label clothing with your child’s name
-Blue Gym Shorts
-White T-Shirt (Plain-no insignia) -
* Halton Gym Shorts & T-Shirts may be purchased online at https://matthewhaltonhighschool.entripyshops.com/
-Clean White Socks
-Running Shoes (Non-marking) indoor use NOT skateboard type shoes or hikers
May require Individual Sports Equipment:
Badminton Racquet / Skates / Ball Glove / Swimsuit
ART - if enrolled
-Sketch Book Standard Weight cartridge paper 30 sheets
-Fine point black Sharpie pens
-White art eraser
-Graphite drawing pencils